Why Diamond Wire for Concrete Cutting?
The use of diamond wires saws on construction sites has become a well-established method for cutting concrete efficiently. It offers many benefits to contractors who have to demolish or modify concrete, reinforced concrete and masonry.
- Steel reinforced concrete walls, floors and ceilings
- Concrete beams, tunnels, columns and foundations
- Any confined concrete structure, i.e. bridges, dams, docks, viaducts, nuclear plants and military installations
- Any large, irregularly shaped or inaccessible concrete structure
- Clean, efficient performance
- Little noise, dust pollution and no structural damage
- Cost effective
- Fast, with little or no touch-up
Quantum Diamond Wire
The Quantum® wire takes it one step further.
- Internationally available
- Reinforced rubber spacer
- NT Technology for optimized Diamond Positioning
– Very Fast Cutting
– Longer Life
Wire Performance Data for Reinforced Concrete
- Best linear speed: 25 to 42 m/s (BD&T recommends 40 m/s)
- Life expectancy*: 2 – 6 m²/m
- Cutting speed*: 1,25 – 4 m²/h
* Dependent on hardness of aggregates, steel content of the concrete and available machine power.